Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 6 April 2016

06th Apr 2016

A bit of a quieter day today. John had been up at lunch an there wasn't a lot around to report. I called in for a quick lap late afternoon and managed to see a Yellow Wagtail. Other than that there were quite a lot of Sand Martins and Swallows, several Chiffchaffs and a few Willow Warblers.

There was another wagtail I was convinced was going to be a White one. It had pale grey flanks and a lovely clean pale grey back with a clear demarcation between the back and the black of the head, but on closer inspection it had a very dark rump.. I'm not too sure how one can look so good but not really be one!

Ed: On doing a little bit more reading up on this, some White Wagtails (particularly first winters) can show varying grey rumps but never as dark as Pied Wagtail. I have decided this was probably a White Wagtail afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment