Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 10 April 2016

10th Apr 2016: Another Redstart

Saturday 9th: Early morning two White Wagtails were still around and there were low numbers of hirundines. There were two Blackcaps in the wood and a few Siskins still around. Whilst in the woods I heard Sparrowhawk calls but couldn't pin the birds down. I heard Willow Tit calls from the trees over the canal from the woodland.

After a bit of rain I had another walk around early afternoon. There was a Yellow Wagtail and more hirundines.





Sun 10th: Another early morning walk and there was a Blackcap singing in the car park as I was putting my boots on. Walking up along the river there was a Sedge Warbler singing away. Great to hear one at last as it seems ages since Mark had the first one. Two Blackcaps were singing in the wood again and one seems to be holding territory already. The Willow Tits were in the wood over the the other side of the canal again so maybe holding territory there. There wasn't much around in the valley but a few Meadow Pipits and a Skylark flew over. Five Greylag Geese flew over the reservoir to the east and I think that is the most I have ever seen here. On the way back down the western side of the reservoir I was pleased to find another Redstart. It popped out of cover a few times but was very elusive and with lots of dog walkers around I lost view of it before I had to leave.


It is a Redstart, honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment