Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 8 April 2016

08th Apr 2016

John and I were out for a walk this evening and met Colin along the way. There were several Swallows around and we picked out one House Martin. We had three White Wagtails around the reservoir showing particularly well. Colin showed us a Song Thrush nest he had found and I would honestly would never have seen it if it wasn't pointed out to me (and even then it took me a while to see it!). So that confirms at least four species nesting so far this year; Crow, Magpie, Song Thrush and Long-tailed Tit.


 

John and Colin went off into the valley but there was not much of note up there. I saw the two Willow Tits in the wood and there was at least four Willow Warblers along the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment