Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 30 October 2015

30th Oct 2015

I managed to call in and check the gull roost after work and before it got dark. There was actually a good gathering this evening with c.200 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and c.1800 Black-headed Gulls. Scanning through I spotted a Yellow-legged Gull, then another and eventually got to a count of six.



There was not a lot else around and in near darkness I left. As I got to the car park a bird flew over that I think was a Woodcock, but it was far too dark to be sure.

Off patch...

Before I went to bed last night I could hear a Little Owl calling from my flat. It was impossible to tell where it was but I guess it was in the Southam Road cemetery. I only mention it as it could well end up around Grimsbury somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment